The weather is getting colder and colder, I can’t help but crave for warm foods like curries, soups, tea, etc. I have been craving beef and since I am on a high protein diet because like I told you in my last youtube video, for every 100 calories of protein consumed 30 calories of them are used to digest it without out you doing anything as opposed to the rest of the macros; fats and carbs.
This has been one of my favorites during the 7- day sugar detox challenge because I love my beef. This is another meal prep friendly meal, you don’t want to be cooking this every night well if you get busy that it, íts nice to have something like this to go even without the broccoli because it takes 2 minutes to get ready and you can still have it with something else like rice, sweet potato fries, etc.
So I ate this for 3 days straight every lunch with just avocado and I love it, I have been intermittent fasting and because the weather has been changing I have also been loving turmeric lattes so freaking much.
I feel like once you understand food and take time to embrace the journey you are able to enjoy it more knowing the nutritious value and being aware while enjoying it, you know. Oh my days, I don’t know if I’m making sense but let me know below.
BEEF STIR FRY WITH BROCCOLI
- 4 cups of cubed beef
- 1 cup of onions
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 3 Large white mushrooms
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 fresh red chilis (Optional)
For the broccoli
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Marinate the beef with marinade ingredients and let it sit for about 1 hour or more.
- Prep the veggies, the carrots, peppers, tomato and celery roughly the same size, the onions and mushrooms into slices.
- After one hour, put a hot pan on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When the oil warms up, add the onions and cook them until they turn translucent, add the mushrooms because mushrooms suck in all the flavor, I like to put them before so they can take in everything.
- After the mushrooms soften up in about 1 minute, add the marinated beef and stir occasionally as it sears. Do this for about 8 minutes then add the celery, and cook for about a minute then add the carrots and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the peppers, then the tomatoes and 1/2 a cup of water, cover and let it simmer until the liquid is almost drained.
- Remember to keep constantly stirring and checking on it. We let it simmer so it can absorb all the flavor and soften up.
- You can also add a little salt at this point but be careful because the rest of the ingredients are strong.
- While that is getting read, using a grater or food processor, make broccoli rice.
- To a non-stick pan add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, then the garlic and the broccoli on medium-low heat.
- Keep stirring for about 3 minutes then take it off.
- Serve, finish it up with avocado slices and ENJOY
Calories: 416 per serving ( 4 servings)
6% carbs, 58% fat, 36%protein
As always, don’t forget to tag me @madammebae or use the hashtag #madammebae when you try these recipes as I would really love to see your beautiful creations.