Did you know that most adults are dehydrated? Unfortunately, this is true, because we are continuously drinking different beverages during the day we tend to think we are hydrating, yes we are drinking but not hydrating, in fact, some beverages like sugary beverages actually dehydrate you.
My clients normally ask me, “how much water should I drink in a day to lose weight?” We are all different, the amount of water you need for your body type depends on so many different factors like activity level, weight, temperature/climate where you are, health conditions like diarrhea/ vomiting.
In this video, I show you how to calculate how much water you should drink a day for your body if you exercise or not, for you to be fully hydrated and also to lose weight.
Another question I often get asked is “Can you drink too much water?”, Yes, there is such a thing as drinking too much water, in fact, it can be dangerous to drink excess water because it dilutes the electrolytes in the blood which reduces sodium levels and this causes headaches, nausea, and low energy.
Now, which water is best, hot water or cold water?
There is also a right and wrong way in which you should consume water because I don’t know if you’ve heard but some people actually faint or go into a coma from drinking water the wrong way. So stay tuned, subscribe my youtube channel as I will be sharing it there.
Benefits of drinking water & staying hydrated
- General body and organ health. Our bodies are composed of about 55% – 75% water and most of it is found in our organs, (watch this video for a more detailed explanation)
- Drinking water helps to clear toxins out of the body because of course every time you pee, you are clearing your system.
- Drinking water also helps with digestion and this, in turn, helps with proper bowel movement.
- Drinking water also helps clear the skin, therefore if you have acne and skin issues, maybe you are just dehydrated, that why you definitely need to join the #drinkmorewaterchallenge
- Drinking water also helps you lose weight. Now I don’t like to repeat myself so I watch this video for a full explanation on how water can help you lose weight fast.
- Water helps as a lubricant for the joints which helps to avoid joint friction that prevents joint pain and makes it easy for us to move our bodies.
- Water helps to oxygenate our bodies.
Let me take this opportunity to tell you about a new challenge we have, the #drinkmorewaterchalenge. Considerating everything we have learned above, we know water has so many amazing benefits that why I want to encourage you to drink enough water and raise awareness to your current hydration patterns because this might just save your life, (lol) but for real though.
This challenge is for you if;
- Your skin is breaking out
- Your pee is always dizzy
- You are always getting dizzy and headaches
- Your lips are always dry
- You are addicted to sugary beverages
- You suffer from digestive issues e.g bloating
- You are not losing weight
- You struggle with drinking enough water and want accountability