The most frequently asked question I get asked every time I ask you guys what your biggest weight loss challenge is, “how can I lose belly fat, I want to lose only my tummy and so on and so forth. That is why I want to share with you the tips I used to lose belly fat and lose weight for the long term.
Losing the tummy comes down to two things, weight loss and fat loss. So where are you on your weight loss journey, are you just beginning or you have lost weight and are struggling with the belly, or you generally struggle with belly fat. Some people even say the workout and do 1000 crunches daily, but I’m sorry to burst your bubble, crunches don’t give you 6 packs, and I talk more about that in this video where I was bursting the most common weight loss myths we are told by the diet culture today.
So what causes belly fat, in my opinion, it’s almost 98% bad nutrition and 2% health conditions. General weight loss is caused by a calorie deficit and that simply means consuming fewer calories than you burn. What this does is help the body tap into the extra fat and use it for energy.
Everyone is different, therefore we all need different calories to lose weight, based on weight, height, age and activity level. If you want to find out how many calories you need in order for you to maintain a calorie deficit, click here, I have a full video on how you can find out easily.
So how do you lose belly fat;
- Make sure you are not bloated. A lot of us constantly eat food that bloats us and we confuse being bloated for belly fat. In the previous blog post, I talked all about how to reduce bloating so definitely check that out. But simply just cut back on dairy, very salty foods, foods with high sugar and foods high in trans fat.
- Eat foods that prevent blood sugar spike like avocado, salmon, olive oil, high protein foods because they are made of amino acids that are bonded by peptide bonds, that take the body time to breakdown hence keeping you fuller for longer. Also, enjoy foods that speed up your metabolism to help with bowel movement.
- Avoid drinking your calories, Like it or not the calories you drink matter, they contribute to your calorie deficit and how fast your body will function. Drinks with too much sugar spike up your sugar levels which slow down weight loss and fat loss that ends up piling up on your stomach.
- I should also mention that you should definitely also be mindful of your alcohol intake because the body goes on hold just to make sure that it takes out the alcohol out of your system before digesting anything else because of course alcohol is, man-made and is not good for our bodies. I am not saying don’t drink alcohol, I’m just saying be mindful.
- Intermittent fasting. This is one of the most effective ways to lose belly fat if done right. Now I could go on and on about this but I already have a detailed video on it, just click here to watch how you can use intermittent fasting to get the best weight loss results.
- Of course working out, by focusing on workouts tummy workouts especially those that work the transverse muscle which is the innermost muscle that is like a rubberband, together with HIIT workouts, which basically means High Interval Intensity Interval training.
- Get enough sleep. A lot of people undermine the value of sleep and how it affects your food choices, eating patterns and hoe the food is digested in your body. Lack of sleep causes hormonal imbalance because the body translates to lack of sleep as you lacking energy and the body gets energy through food. You will have increased cravings and since the cortisol levels are high, all the food you eat is likely to be stored as fat.
- Be consistent. I just gave you the most valuable tips, just always remember this is a journey so you have to always put in the work even when you have had days, pick yourself up and continue because personal growth is an ongoing process it never stops.
The hardest part about being consistent is food and nutrition because as you already know weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% staying active. The easiest way to stay consistent with your nutrition, that’s why in my next blog post I am going to be sharing my ultimate meal prep guide stay tuned for that.
I know some people hate meal prepping, but I used to be you and learned how to make some changes and I will share my tips with you.
In the meantime, have you checked out the FREE 7 – day Be Your Own Bae Bootcamp,
If you have been on your weight loss journey for a while but not seeing the results you are looking for, or you are at a plateau and been at the same weight for a while now, this is for you. Maybe you are tired of the weight loss weight gain roller coaster, This is going to be the most life-changing experience of your life.
I cant wait to see you there. As always don’t forget to stay motivated, be patient, trust the process and spread the love.